- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 6 eggs
- 1 C. grated Monterey jack cheese
- 2 C. ranchero sauce (recipe follows)
- Sour cream, avocado, and scallions for garnish
- 1 16oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ C. onion, minced
- ¼ C. red and green bell peppers, diced very small
- ½ of an jalapeno pepper, seeded, and minced
- 1 T. oil
- 1 t. cumin
- 1t. cayenne
- 1t. sugar
- Salt and pepper
In a sauce pan, heat oil on medium. Cook onions, garlic, and peppers until soft. Add in tomatoes, spices, and sugar. Simmer for approximately ten minutes, until flavors have combined. Pour sauce into a blender and pulse several times until sauce is thick, but still has some chunks in it. Return to pot and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm on low heat.
Heat beans on the stove in a sauce pan.
Heat some butter in a skillet and fry the eggs to your liking. In a seperate sautï¿½ pan, melt some butter over medium heat and fry the tortillas to soften.
On a plate lay the fried tortilla, add a small scoop of pinto beans and make a hole in the center. Place the fried egg in the hole. Top with some cheese and about 1/3 C. of ranchero sauce. Dollop with sour cream. Sprinkle with chopped avocado and chopped scallions. Serve immediately.